Thursday, December 27, 2012

September 2010

Something that I wrote in September of that year that speaks of my mindset, "Personal power: know who you are, live passionately, stick to a plan, embrace risk, deal in the TRUTH, be assertive, seek Heavenly Father's blessings and strength in our Savior. We CAN do it- so let's GO and DO!" :D

I was very busy with school, being a mom, and in my church calling. I was hosting events, running a facebook group for the metro area singles and meeting as many new people as I could as if my life depended upon it. At one such event I met Paul Cardall, pictured in this photo. He was a featured artist at a fireside and is an author (Before My Heart Stops), composer and pianist. He autographed my book and obliged this pic. Of this experience I wrote, "I love Sundays- the Sabbath Day. Wonderful meetings of worship and tonight spent time with Paul Cardall hearing his heart story and being uplifted by that and his music."

This was also shared, "Good: I can do hard things. Better: I can do hard things with a positive attitude. Best: I can do hard things with a positive attitude and a faith in our Savior that he'll pull me through!"

Today when looking back at the past couple of years, in gratitude I see a miracle similar to the New Testament story of the five loaves of bread and the two fish. I have never had all of the time, money, energy, ability, nor any resource that would fulfill all that was required of me to be a mother, student, friend, financial provider, and provider of service. I have seen that by being obedient and seeking to have the best priorities that through the Savior, Heavenly Father has blessed what I have had to be enough for what was required. It is my own five loaves and two fish miracle.

No comments: