Thursday, December 27, 2012

October 2010

Focus for October- fun and growth, as always! "Sabbath thought from President Wright and the fireside last week emphasizing what will help us on our journey here: 1. Find a place every day and be still for your soul 2. Keep your eye single to the glory of God 3. Revere sacred things 4. Don't let your challenge get in the way of your goodness 4. The Prince of Peace is YOUR peace. Beautiful!"

"Yesterday, and many days like it, I am up early preparing for a day of work, school, teaching piano, and then homework, dinner and time with Emily. Whatever time I have left I give to the SA program and friends- and I just have to say that I feel so BLESSED by their support and friendship!!! Thank you for pulling me through. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!"

Two thoughts on the above: I needed then, as I do now, spiritual direction and love. I am thankful for the priorities that I have embraced that God comes first and family comes next- it is in relationships that we enter and leave this life and I have come to begin to understand how deep this goes. Without God, the commandments, ordinances, the example of Christ and the gift of the atonement, how will our relationships thrive? We need divine guidance and purpose for purposeful giving and receiving in our relationships. We need the gifts of forgiving and repenting to have a deep gratitude for all that is holy and good in this world. There has been a gradual weeding out of the people who aren't ready to be in this same place as where I want to be and while I'm sad to walk away, I realize that it is for the best. Progression is personal and the ebb and flow of our relationships doesn't matter if we have true charity in our hearts.

As for the fun, it was Tay's last birthday in the mission field and he turned 21 on the 28th. Happy Birthday sweetheart!



Also, the single adults had a Halloween party with lots of treats and friends in GREAT costumes. Oh how I have loved these people and what we have shared!

This photo is of Mert who joined our group in 2010 following losing his wife to cancer. It is now 2 years later and I am going to visit Mert and his wife of one year, Lynn. During 2011 Mert learned that he had stage 4 cancer and was given 3-6 months to live. Well, he has beat it so far and found love in the process. I'm going to their home tomorrow to visit. I love those two.










This was the first year that Jeff and I dressed up to go together, but not as a couple. ha! I helped him figure out his Elvis costume and then donned my flapper dress. We've now dressed up for three Halloweens and have had so much fun doing it!

No comments: