Thursday, December 27, 2012

July 2010

I'm revisiting my past and hope to share both the perspective of the visited time frame and what I have learned, since.

In July I wrote on a facebook status, "a shift occurred without notice, sound, discussion, or discernible reason: getting ready for another life lesson. :^/"

At the time I noticed that the usually constant companion of the Holy Spirit had taken a step back. I was going through some major changes in my life while stepping up my service to others efforts and had been relying heavily upon the Spirit for direction. At this point, all I knew was- there was new distance. It is interesting to me that I felt it so immediately and sought answers to the change immediately but inherently knew that a life lesson was coming. And yes, it was.

Since that time several things needed to change and I am working on seeing those changes through to completion. I believe that I was so closely attached to the Spirit because that is all I trusted and could rely upon. My view of the world was tainted from pain and I approached everyone to some degree with caution. The Spirit was withdrawing so that I could grow wings.

About six months prior to this status update I met a man (Jeff) at a single adult New Year's dance. I took him and introduced him to many others without a thought of being interested- and that was the problem, I was emotionally unavailable and detached from the possibility of crossing over. In July, Jeff and I had been dating a few months without sharing a kiss or even holding hands. We did share something, and that was lots of conversation. I was wary- ever wary, but with an open heart to who he was and what his story was.

Our story is now years into the making and cannot be told in one post, however, I must share that I was only partially right- there was a life lesson, but really it was deeper than that, I was about to experience an eternal lesson.



In other July 2010 news- I went to a Michael Buble' concert and got to hold his elbow!!! Later that night I also got to meet the members of Naturally 7 and get all of their autographs. It was a fun, memorable night! :)))







In July I also met my fave quarterback, Steve Young







and the talented Alex Boye'!





Also in July, Em and I went to see Wicked, the musical. As a surprise for her 16th birthday, they gave us backstage passes.



Each close up photo is labeled as to its significance- each a prop that is used in the show. What a fun night we had!

People often ask me how it is that I meet who I do and get to have these "privileges." To that I say, just "ask." I have been so rarely turned down- what can it hurt to ask? :)

No comments: