Sunday, January 25, 2009

my new sunday calling...!

the first i became aware that i hadn't told you about my new sunday calling (job)was in a comment dani left-

i am the new sunday school teacher for the juniors and seniors in high school!

these kids are friends of taylor's and it is fun to be in there with them. :)

i look forward to the studying that goes into teaching the subject- but also the interaction with these kids, and the opportunity to share some the happenings with taylor.

this week at church, two of our missionaries are returning. one came back friday and the other will join his mom in utah, where she moved just over a year ago. patti was our women's leader and as a single mom (widow) did a fantastic job as relief society president. i am now happy to announce that she is also engaged! i'm so happy for her- and the funny thing about that is- it's taken me three (plus) years to get over the feeling like i couldn't breath when one of my single friends announced that they were getting married!

i feel sorry for the friends i let down with my paranoia. yikes!

also, dani asked what play was em in- emily was in theatre for her first semester and as a 'final' the classes were required to perform mini-logues. the one that em performed was a comedy- and one of the few that received consistant laughing. she had a girl partner and together they were perfectly cute.



forgive me for not mentioning it earlier- em put the big 'kabosh' on it and wouldn't let me tell anyone (this included her father) but then at the last moment lizzie arrived and sat with me. they are such good friends!

em started new classes this past week. her leap started up and she's into big reading- jane eyre, along with chinese cinderella and soon to follow, poisonwood bible.

i'm keeping three cups of tea bedside, hoping to get some of it read here and there!

this week proves to be short on news and long on work hours. i'm working next sunday, so it becomes one of my marathon stretches...13 days straight.

i'll be posting from tay as soon as i hear from him.

your comments are so much appreciated! thank you, thank you, thank you!

5 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

Good to hear from you today! I think your new calling is perfect for you. I loved teaching teens in Sunday School too.

Tell Emily that "Jane Eyre" was my favorite book when I was in high school. I loved the books by the Bronte sisters. I'm not sure what that says about me--dark, brooding, and mostly sad novels!

Dad and I spent a quiet day home with the exception of his going home teaching. It snowed all day. Was supposed to be rain like yesterday. Oh well. More snow to turn into ice. This is one winter we won't miss! But what am I saying? I don't want to influence negatively people who are going to move to Utah in 3 1/2 years :-)!

Dani said...

Hey thanks for posting answers to my questions! Your new calling sounds perfect for you (I think I could say that about MANY callings for you). They will love you. Way to go Em! I wish I could see stuff like that. I'm sure she was great! Good luck with the long work stretch. That doesn't sound very fun... Love you!

Utah Dancer said...

Sounds like Em is doing so well. Good for her. I agree with Dani, that calling is a great one for you. You will engage the kids so well.

Wrangler Ron said...

Rhonda, my apologies for being so slow to read and comment on this blog. You may never even read this because you've probably moved on, but I expect your teenagers in Sunday Scbool will have one of the best teachers they've every had and I'm sure you will enjoy it too.
I wish I could have watch Em's performance. I know I would have enjoyed it greatly.
I miss you every day. Love.

Deena said...

Hi! Tell Em that those are 3 of my most favorite books! I just read Chinese Cinderella, and now I want to read the "extended version" called "Falling Leaves." I started to read "three cups of tea", but it didn't excite me enough to keep going. Let me know what you think when you finish it!