Tuesday, January 20, 2009

distractions!

i probably have had more time to write... okay, i KNOW i've had more time to write, but i've had a few distractions.

the biggest culprit has been FACEBOOK.

it's been absolutely wonderful to meet up with friends from the highschool days- and friends that i've known that have moved away.

and it's a bit of a silly place too- interactive, so it is rewarding to spend time there.

BUT my first love is blogger and i'm going to do better by it!

distractions... it seems elder barron had a few the last week- but they were good ones. he wrote people that have been hoping for a letter and i'm okay with going without so that others could have the opportunity.

HOWEVER... he will read a note from me today letting him know that next time he had better at least send a line explaining his plan so that i need not worry or ck my email 40 times looking for word from my 'favorite missionary'!

so- i was very excited for my photograph of scott to be used in his upcoming 'raw and wild' tv debut. he brought the poster in, unrolled it, and i immediately knew that it wasn't my pic. apparently they pulled one off from his website that wasn't a 'happy' scott, but rather a 'serious' scott. true- we didn't take any of him being so intent.

people who didn't know about me and the photo made comments about his pic- and they weren't kind about the expression he has- so i guess a small part of me thinks they made a judgement error...lol

BUT i discovered this week while watching a instructional shooting DVD that several of my photos were in it and i was asked to give them my info to be included in the credits. the DVD is called, 'Lipstick and Lead'...starring jeanie! fun!

and hopefully that last little tid bit was entertaining enough to read that you forgot that you were 'distracted' from the 'distraction' theme of this post so that i can remain on the thread i intended.

tay should write today.

and really- all this distraction thought is rhonda trying to click the time down until i hear from him again.

thank you for being that distraction!

you lovable distractions, you... lol

3 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

Well, you are allowed to be distracted from time to time as all of us have been in the past! Glad you are having fun reconnecting with friends. It is a fun forum. I just wish more of my "sixties" friends were on there. I have to practically beg for "friends!" I would have LOVED to have had Facebook when I was young. We're excited to hear from Taylor too. Have a great day and hope you get your email!

Dani said...

It is a huge distraction! I hadn't even noticed that it had been 10 days since I had posted on my blog last. That's not like me! I'm going to do better!

I just read Tay's last email that you posted. I'm sure it's tricky figuring out all of this communication stuff in the beginning. Hopefully those pics will come soon. What's your new calling? What play was Em in?

Lastly... yea! Your name in the credits! That's a big step! You go girl!

Wrangler Ron said...

I've been a bit distracted myself so I'm not pointing any fingers. But I do miss reading your posts when you're not there with whatever is going on in your part of the world.
These posts are not the same as having you around, but it's maybe second best.
How do we get copies of the DVD and when is the show on? They should let you chose the photos for the promotional materials. That way they won't get those thumbs down phone calls. :-)
High Five on all your photographic work.