Sunday, August 10, 2008

my morning visitor




i don't know why i'm posting this pic, other than i thought it was very cool that the dragonfly decided to land a couple of feet away from me while i was outside with miley- and then didn't fly off as i crept up to within 5 inches of it for this photo. i sure do love nature!

okay- i'm back from the dead..., a 'funny' regarding finishing the Breaking Dawn story.

i haven't had time to process my thoughts enough to articulate why i enjoyed much of the book and why some of it bothered me. but over all, stephanie wrote an interesting ending that didn't leave me feeling like i was silly for reading it!

picture this- i plopped upon my bed after working at elm fork all day, grabbed up the book and began to read and relax. meanwhile em made her way home- so i invited her to bring her summer (leap) required reading and to scoot in next to me. i'm reading, of course, Breaking Dawn, and she is reading Jane Eyre.

freaky friday!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Ha, ha! That is really funny! Love your dragonfly pic!!

Mustang Suzie said...

Guess I'll try again! The comment I made yesterday must not have made it. Anyway, great photo of the dragonfly. I agree--nature is fascinating! It was also nice to talk to you yesterday while I was sipping a drink at Barnes and Noble. By the way, the book "A Thousand Spendid Suns" was captivating. I finished it last night and it will be on my mind for some time. A lot more "meat" than "Breaking Dawn!" But I think we need to read frivolous books once in a while! Love you.

Wrangler Ron said...

Apparently a very friendly dragonfly. I used to love watching them when I was a young boy living up on Logust Lane in Provo. It reminds me of those days when I had time to watch dragonflys, catch grasshoppers, and climb the surrounding hills watching for whatever was around. I guess that's where part of my love for the outdoors and natures wonderful variety and beauty began. I appreciate the opportunity we have to share thoughts and stay in touch with this blog thing.
You and Em reading together on the bed makes for a nice image in my head.
Love ya.