Monday, August 18, 2008



hey friends and fam...

the olympics(em and i like to show how we, too, can do the various floor exercise moves to tons of giggles... and shout and jump around cheering the close finishes in the swimming... we are not passive viewers...lol) have been so amazing that i haven't stopped by here to say hi in awhile- thought it was time to!

we've had lots of rain the past couple of days and many puddles, big and little are forming, becoming birdbaths for our little flying friends. i thought this was cute- my two faves, the cardinal and bluejay sharing. i wish i had had a better zoom ready to go- the birds wouldn't let me get as close as the dragonfly did- even so, not bad!

update on em: she has braces on her upper teeth now- and it looks cute on her. she wouldn't let me take a pic yet- but i will! em has decided to not run on the cross country team- so we are hoping that the counselor gets her schedule changed soon- as school starts next mon. also- em is giving a talk on sunday.... something to do with humility- hehe.

tay is in a holding pattern with his papers just a hair away from being sent in. we were given an old form when we visited the doc so we're trying to get a couple of other q's answered from him so that we can send it on. he's fine with it... i'm dying tho! his temple prep classes are beginning this week- and he is scheduled to get his patriarchal blessing this coming sunday evening.

as for me- i finished with the summer camps and i am now preparing for school to begin- for emily and for my classes, too. i'm throwing a 'you are a star party' for the children in my church class this week. they are 6 turning 7 and quite lively and fun!

i've also been busy with jeanie and the gun range. i put together their E News, along with many other projects such as the latest- putting together before and after photos showing the course of elm fork's progress during the last 5 years, that is to be presented to the city of dallas park and board.

this coming weekend exodus ministries is having their charity event and i am the photographer. i enjoy and look forward to this kind of work. :)

and so, i hope this little update finds you happy and well- and enjoying your beautiful families!

4 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

You must be up late on the computer--like me! Dad and I have been glued to the olympics too! We also can be heard yelling and screaming:-). Sounds like we might come from the same family! I'm also the same Jane Austin character as you. Rhonda, I hope that doesn't make you sad!! Anyway, glad you are relaxing some and having fun with Emily. You'll have to tell me more about the braces and all. Love you.

Dani said...

Wow, you are busy as usual! I have sadly missed so much of the olympics. I just haven't been able to get to the TV! I've seen highlights, and I'm hoping that I can catch some of it "on demand". We'll see. I've been thinking about Taylor and his papers... thanks for the update! Have fun doing the pictures, it sounds really fun! Can't wait to see the braces on Emily! Also, thanks for Rissa's gift... she LOVES it!! Good luck with all that you and yours are doing! Hugs all around!!

rochelle said...

You sound so busy... Good luck on the photo shoot and all your projects! Good luck to Taylor and Emily on all the things they are doing too!

Utah Dancer said...

Sounds like things are well and good as they should be. We have watched only a little of the olympics--some gymnastics mostly.

We are so excited for Tay's call. It is a big time and we are thinking of him.

Also, I am sure Em is going to give a great talk. I am sure she will have it organized and presented very well!

Have fun with all you are doing, Rhonda. Busy as usual but always with style--right?!?

love you!