Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Finally- a post!


This little group has been so great to teach. We had our graduation last week- and for each of them i make a 'annual' of sorts. the book includes a photo of each of their friends and is presented in the fashion of Eric Carle's book, Brown Bear, Brown Bear.

Mine began, 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see? i see Bryn looking at me.' and so it continues until you come to the last child who see her teachers- and then we see the class picture, which reads, 'Teacher, Teacher what do you see? I see a graduate looking at me!'

anyway- there is Tyler who is my Taylor all over again- so bright and happy and good hearted. and Bryn who wouldn't accept her graduation certificate during the ceremony until she could tell me that her mom promised that she could come to a summer camp- so that it wouldn't be the last time she could see me.

there is Rachel who cried in her sleep that she wouldn't be in our class anymore- and Jimmy who decided that i was supposed to be his Kindergarten teacher.

these children are near and dear to my heart- and will be missed!

5 comments:

Dani said...

So cute, Rhonda. You are an amazing teacher, and I am not surprised that those kids don't want it to end! I love your book idea that you made for them. What a treasure!

Wrangler Ron said...

Rhonda, you've made me realize something again. Something I've understood; but from time to time something brings it again to my mind. That something is this: By far---I repeat, by FAR, the best thing that I have ever done with my life has two parts. First, I married your Mom. Second we raised five great children who are each making an amazing impact in the world for good. This is one such example. Your impact on these young children is amazing. It seems to be one of the important gifts you have been given. And you are making the absolute best use of it. I am very proud of you. But even more important, I'm proud to be your Dad.

Wrangler Ron said...

Rhonda, you just made me realize something; something I've understood before but every now and then it rises to the surface and I become conscience of it again. This is one of those times. Here is what I've come to realize once again: My most important contribution to the world is made up of two parts. First, I married your Mom. Second, together Sue and I raised five amazing children who are doing wonderful things with their lives. I'm proud of what you are doing. But, I'm even more proud (that would be righteous pride) to be your Dad. You have been blessed with amazing gifts and talents. Teaching children is obviously one of them. Congratulations for another successful year and for having such a tremendous impact on these young children. I am sure they will long remember you and you will likely never know what heights you have inspired some of to reach.
Love you much.

Mustang Suzie said...

What a bunch of cuties! And such variety.... Every hair and skin color possible. You had quite a cosmopolitan class didn't you! Rhonda, I love how you put your all into everything. I'm sure these children will remember you and the fun they had with "Miss Rhonda."

Utah Dancer said...

I love the book idea! They will treasure it and remember back to the sweetest teacher in the world! I also found myself on your Slide photos--I enjoyed the class photos, Emily playing soccer and the early morning in Texas photos. You are so talented!