Thursday, February 12, 2009

deepak

set up: my yoga instructor has the class in corpse pose (back down, lying flat, palms up) on our mats...listening to the music tape she has started. instead of hearing the normal- this yogi plays a thought- calling it our daily 'purpose'.

most of the time the thoughts are very pleasant and quite thought provoking in the best sense...but this time it is even more so.

a man's voice began by saying that we are part of a ecosystem web of life: the trees are my (our) lungs. the rivers are my (our) circulation. the earth is my (our) body and the air is my (our) breath. that this is wisdom...

it struck me as beautiful. i don't know how many times throughout my lifetime i have felt connected to the world in a deeper way than just feeling responsible and respectful. this thought voiced- even articulated what my soul has known all along.

so i googled it.

to be honest- i almost didn't write this post when i learned that deepak chopra was the man who this came from.

i associate him with the new age...2000 and beyond hippies.

but, i guess i'll fess up! i liked it and it is to his credit!

2 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

Never can tell where you might find a "pearl." Certainly makes life interesting. I always feel the way you are describing when I am around something big--like the Grand Canyon or the ocean or a glacier. Very connected!

Wrangler Ron said...

The theme of being contected to the earth is also similar to the believe and culture of the American Indian. I think there is a truth there somewhere too. I'm just not sure exactly what it is, but I feel it too. I guess that's part of the reason I enjoy taking landscape photos.