Saturday, December 13, 2008

to catch up a bit!

the biggest and saddest news i have to share is- miley is no longer our dog.

when tay left- and the care for her planted itself on this working mom's shoulders- well, i thought i was doing okay. but i guess miley didn't.

she started showing defiance for the new schedule by messing in her kennel- even with me getting up throughout the night to let her out- i'd wake and she'd have done it again.

it didn't help that the temps were in the 20's and 30's while i'm out trying to clean it out and start again.

so... i went out and bought a better collar and toys and a dog coat- and took her for long walks and she still tortured me with the messing.

i mentioned my problem to a friend who knows dogs and i was told that when i was ready to say goodbye to miley, that a new home would be arranged for her, by people that love dogs more than they love people.

this reassured me... but still i tried.

and it got me no where.

so, now miley is in another home- we know nothing more.

and we will miss her.

on a brighter note: i received the letter and picture from the mission president and his wife. i plan on posting that tomorrow, k? it's good stuff! (something to look forward to, right?)

and today i had an opportunity that was fun, and hopefully works out, too. Scott (from elm fork) asked me to shoot some head shots for a poster that his tv show is needing. this show is going to be on the outdoors channel and will be called, Beretta's Raw and Wild. if they can work with the photos that we took then i'll have something of a TV CREDIT.

add that to Wal Mart insisting that one of my families get my approval for copyright on their family portraits photos... :)

packages are sent out and cards are almost done. shopping is done! and now the organizing and cleaning begin!

i spent 10 hours of my life today at elm fork and i'm whipped. goodnight y'all!

3 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

So sorry about Miley. But I've been there and done that. Dogs take a lot of time and they know when things are different. I still feel guilty about Max.

I'll look forward to seeing your blog tomorrow about Taylor and hearing the news. Are you counting down? Only 23 more months to go and then I would always say that the last 6 don't count because you are too busy getting ready for them to come back--so only 17 now!! Love ya and hope you get some "relaxation" in. Mom

Dani said...

I'm sorry about Miley! My kids are always asking for a dog, but I just know that I couldn't take care of one the way it should be done. I understand your decision! I'm sure that she is doing great.

Way to go with the photography! You seem to have great opportunities come your way, and it's so exciting! I would love to see the head shots!

Utah Dancer said...

I am so sorry about Miley! I am sure you will miss her, but I am also sure through reading the process of decision you've made that you have made a fair and good choice for her.

Cool photog stuff! Good for you! Let us know more about the show to catch it, okay!

I have just returned to blogging--I have a lot of catching up to do, but I will be posting Tay's stuff asap.

Love you!!!