Saturday, March 7, 2009

'when your heart speaks, take good notes' - judith campbell



this quote found in the book, Three Cups of Tea, is the story of greg mortensen, a former mountain climber that became a gentle force to change the course of the world.

amazing stuff. unrelentless in his determination and sacrifice to see the smallest of villages in pakistan and afghanistan have access to education for their biggest hope- their children.

greg's heart and life were devoted to this cause following one pivotal moment that to me seemed to be guided by the heavens.

the story was touching and thought provoking!

if you mananged to get through the book- perhaps you felt as i did, that it felt like reading a series of 'parade' or new articles. it wasn't an easy read because of that. but if you have started the book and put it down because of it's writing style- pick it back up and take it in pieces. read it! you will be so glad you did!

*********

yesterday i had the best surprise...tay's follow up email showed up! he sent it on tues the 3rd and it arrived on the 6th. strange but wonderful! i posted his few comments and pics.

i also worked on my backyard...i'm thinking another couple of weekends and i'll have it whipped into shape :)

while i was outside, i was admiring the bradford pear tree that is blossoming. it's truly beautiful right now... and it got me to thinking.

em has wanted to put some pictures on her wall but we've had a hard time finding anything compatable to her colors and taste. i told her that i could do something with photography and tried to describe for her what i imagined but it didn't translate well.

maybe that's because i still needed clarification! anyway- i bought some colorful flowers and butterflies that matched her room and thought of them when i was outside around the tree blossoms.

in the end, em was delighted with the pictures, has chosen her favorites, and now my job is to get them made up poster sized and framed. above and below are two of her faves. :)

6 comments:

Dani said...

I love the idea to put those pics in her room. That will be so pretty! I love the colors in them! Your book sounds great, I'll have to give it a try!

joana said...

wow! i absolutely LOVE those colors... i bet her room looks amazing! good pick. and the birthday party looked fun. she's a beautiful girl like her mom.
btw thanks again for filling in for me last friday:)

Mustang Suzie said...

I really thought that was a life changing book too and I wish all our country's leaders had to read it. It just shows what truly helps the people over there. I highly recommend it too.

As for your picture, it is beautiful. Reminds me of our tulip walk. Dad and I still want to get some of those up.

I loved seeing the photos of Taylor. He just looks so happy. My folks enjoyed them also. Thanks, Rhonda, for letting us share the emails! Love ya.

Wrangler Ron said...

Beautiful photos, Rhonda. Lucky Em.
You'll have to take photos of the room when you get them all up in her room so we can see the finished project.
Love ya.

Tami said...

Beautiful pictures! I miss ya!

rochelle said...

I loved that book. What a huge feat he is performing, but how needed!

I also love the pictures!