Friday, April 11, 2008

i'm here!!!

if you give a girl a minute or two...she'll be sure to write!

right now- i'm all obsessed with how i just cut down two spider sacs that looked to spring open a combined total of 8ooo spiderlings.

this was a youtube moment, missed.

i couldn't reach over the bushes to the sacs that the garden spider placed just outside my bedroom window- so, i grabbed a chair, shoved it in, and found that i could barely reach my scissors to cut the little atttachment that held the sacks for all these months.

but much to my terror- mother spider had also surrounded the egg sac with lots of barely visible web- almost pillow like.

as my scissors cut through that webbing, each egg sac jumped around as if it were alive- and i swear i was about to lose my nerve with each cut.

making matters worse, the bag i brought with me to capture the egg sac was of flimsy walmart variety. there was no way this was going to be a cut and drop procedure!

imagine me cutting, screaming and jumping... over and over.

this is where youtube would have loved me!

anyway- this is my welcome to blogspot post. and now i can't wait to catch up with you all!

3 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

So glad you finally got started blogging again! We have all missed you and have tried to be very patient. ;-)

I would have been horrified to cut down the spider sacs!! I hope you were successful and that they are gone for good. It was good to talk to you twice in one week! Love ya, Mom

Dani said...

Yea, Yea, Yea!!! You're baaaaaack! I'm so glad! I've missed you! You have started off your new blog with a bang! More creepy spider stories! EWWWWW!

rochelle said...

ICKY! That does sound like a good YouTube moment though!