Tuesday, July 14, 2009

nearly a month has gone by... ouch!

i was sitting here thinking- nah. i'll write some in the morning... but i just can't put this off any longer: there's too much to catch up on! going back an entire month is not just hard but CRAZY. however, lol, i'll do my best :)
oh- and it didn't help to find out that yahoo 360 was shutting down- yikes! last night i had intended on writing here, along with writing tay's letter, only to find out that i (along with all my family) had to save both em's and my entries on that blog. i did get it done tho! all saved to a WORD doc. mine being close to 200 pages. LOL. and i didn't save everything! i will be backdating this blog with those entries at some point...
mom and dad decided to drive to texas in june to bring me the car that they were selling. while dad was only here a short time, he did get to begin to use his new camera :) we ran around getting the car title changed over to a texas driver (me!), went out to eat, saw Star Trek and out to the river for some family photos. i am SO glad that i have these pics dad: Thank You!!! i'm also very excited about the car- now i just need to unload my mazda. hey- if anyone out there wants a two year lease- i'm your gal! (not me the CAR, silly:) just a moment to say- mom and dad- i love you both so much. and i very much appreciate the lengths you'll go to, to help me and the others in this family. to everyone- my parents ROCK.

mom and i then got ourselves together after a crazy week of my camp/piano schedule (mom is a great camper helper:) and took off for the 2009 Cook reunion in Stephenville, TX. it was great seeing lots of familiar faces and catching up- but mostly we loved the time spent with Grandma and Grandpa Cook and Aunt Bobbie. we talked, took pictures, and enjoyed good meals :)
on our way home from the reunion, we had made plans to visit Woody, mom's cousin and his family in garland texas. on the way i talked her into stopping and checking out the animals at Fossil Rim. That place is so much fun! it's not too far- maybe 90 min's/2 hours but the experience was so entertaining that it is completely worth the effort! while you drive through the park, you stop where there are animals so that you can feed them and take pictures. we giggled our faces off we had so much fun! part of the excitement was learning how close you wanted the animals to get to you. they are entirely comfortable walking right up to your face, with theirs! at first we didn't know this- and i remember saying, 'he's acting like he wants me to pet him!' well, after that i quickly found out that they were happy to eat the feed right from your hands. it was breathtaking being so close to those beautiful creatures. i got fairly comfy with them right away- but mom seemed to like her space and i'm tellin' ya- don't get near her window if she has her finger on the button. she's hilarious! so to share- here are a couple of photos:





mom took this photo of me (in the tye-dyed shirt that i made with emily) and it's my favorite: yes, both the shirt and the picture! i really will always just treasure getting to interact with these gorgeous, sweet creatures!

we did get to Amy's, where Woody and Carolyn are staying, and had a yummy Father's day meal with them while we visited. Woody is not well, but he is better and this is giving them all a chance to spend some quality time together.
so- it's time to stop and get to posting tay's letter. but i will mention some things i will be writing about.
for one thing, em was around but only a little bit because shw was gone to EFY and then to girl's camp. so i'll post some things about that... and then i'll update you regarding my return to school, my chance to teach gospel doctrine this coming sunday, along with the opportunity i have to go on exchanges with the sister missionaries this friday. of course, the biggest entry of all- my trip to utah!
and somewhere in there, i'm going to be visiting other blogs and getting caught up. thanks for your patience and love! see you soon!

4 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

I know how you feel. Whew! The last two or should I say three months have flown by for me too. Just wanted to add how much I have enjoyed spending so much time with you. That was the best part of all. Dad and I love you and want to do all we can to help our children and grandchildren. Look forward to the future post(s) and will always remember our fun time at Fossil Rim.
Love ya, Mom

Dani said...

This summer has been crazy! I've sadly neglected my blog too. Fossil Rim looks awesome. Wish we could have been there! I'm looking forward to your posts to come!

Wrangler Ron said...

Deep in my heart I believe in the process of creating and strengthening family ties across the generations. It used to be just the way it was; families lived and worked together. It's more difficult now with life as it is today.
I want my family to know something about me, I think that's pretty natural. And, I want them to want me around whenever possible, to share experiences and insights. And I certanly want to know about them and the things that they are doing, enjoying, even worrying about and struggling with. It's all part of life.
So anytime I have that kind of opportunity I'm all over it. Having the time to spend with you, Rhonda, while you were here was so good for me.
Thank you for being willing to share your life and life's experiences with me. Thank you for being my photo buddy while you're here.
You make me laugh. You give me insight to things I had never considered before. You open up the world in ways I hadn't noticed before. You help make my life all the more enjoyable and worthwhile.
So, thank you. And just so you know, I'm more than compensated for anything that your Mom and I can do for you. You are a wonderful blessing to us.
Love you much. Dad :-)

Tami said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Em at the lake. Wow! Amazing. What a great summer you are having!