Tuesday, June 2, 2009

lazy bummin' day :)

yep- that's me. i woke up just in time to take em to school- well, we both woke up just in time....lol. (no seminary this week has been sweet.)

when i got home i was so tired, still, that i went back to bed! (just after i ate a slice of two different kinds of Mimi's muffins)

i woke up and began thinking about facebook- and squared that away. tay had sent me a letter with a CD of what he said were tons of pics. i was so excited to look at them- immediately em and i pulled them up to only find 8 photos- which i am grateful for: don't get me wrong! but it was confusing, and yes, disappointing. but i posted the few anyway and wrote about the FHE we had last night.

regarding the FHE...em was finishing reading her LEAP (pre AP)book, poisonwood bible (and no- sorry fans of poisonwood bible, em is not a convert) (and, no- i don't get why)she said that she needed to be left alone. so, i called a friend and we went into dallas to a rehab center where one of our fellow singles is. neal was nearly killed in a bike accident a few weeks ago. today he is paralized from the waist down. we met in a room at the rehab and had a lesson on service. so cool! i took my camera but didn't have a memory card with me- so this photo is courtesy of ron rhoades and his camera/phone. (he's on my facebook and is a single's friend)



i've always loved service...and love hearing stories of service, too. neal's roomie is not lds but wanted to come into our meeting. his accident was 4 years ago and just two days ago he took his first step. he was so excited to share his news! i brought twizzlers (which all women should know are on the top 10 faves for men)and began to share them around. both neal and ricky were happy to get to have some, and we were able to have short convos in the process, and when the meeting was over i left the tub of twizzlers with the two, along with hugs and a kiss on the cheek. i hope to get back to visit. ricky left us with this thought: 'i cannot tie my shoes. because you can, you are a blessing to me when you help me. don't take things for granted'. perception adjusted!

i'm babbling. it's useless at this point to try to make sense so i'm just going to keep on going with the babble presentation ;)

yesterday i had all of my teachers get together of lunch at mimi's. we had such a fun time! i love those women...and their children, too. this photo is of melissa rasmussen and darlene kopta- who were my awesome busy bear teachers:



this is of gail murphy and brandi ehrenberg- the best two year old Li'l school teachers around!



and the luncheon photo of barbi bagan, joana sanders, and brandi ehrenberg who have been totally wonderful in the discovery kids class:



and, that pretty much wrapped up the year for early connections. i've been blessed to work with some very beautiful women that genuinely love children!

back to being lazy. humph. i suppose it has to do with looking forward. i'm not sure where my camps stand- i haven't asked! lol... i will. but currently, i was wondering why i hadn't heard from the college i had applied to. so, today i finally got around to calling them. apparently they were just waiting for my transcript. so that is what i'm doing tomorrow. onward and upward!

may i admit to feeling just a little nervous? about life? everything?

and...

i have a new calling. i will SO miss my sunday school class! what great kids these youth are!



my life just keeps changing, twisting and turning and i never know much about tomorrow. thank heavens for being rooted in the Gospel.

sunday was my last lesson with my class. i had kady, a new convert that i'm going to take to the temple to do baptisms- which we're both so excited about! and then the kids brought another young lady, who had had her first discussion. my lesson happened to be on the plan of salvation. she had lots of questions- and the class understood how important it was to have the Spirit there. they were reverent and testified in their answers to truth. it was amazing. and, i realize that there are more opportunities for me to share the gospel outside of that setting- but i will miss teaching- and them.

i'm not allowed to mention anything more about my new calling- yet. when i can, i will!

and it's time to run and get em.

♥ lots of love ♥ friends and family. ♥

5 comments:

Tami said...

I miss teaching with you! I loved seeing you so often. You are awesome! I can't wait to hear your new calling!

Dani said...

Great post! Sometimes rambling is great!

Really great thoughts on service, and I knew right away which one you were in the pic because of your cute hair. :-)

Love the lazy mornings, I hope you get a few more!

Good luck with your camps and applying for college, and your new calling!

Don't be nervous, YOU make everything GREAT!

Love you!

ps- I also taught the Plan of Salvation lesson this last Sunday... to my TWO class members!!! LOL!!

Mustang Suzie said...

Rhonda, you are NEVER lazy! You just needed some good old fashion sleep!! And you could probably do with a lot more :-).

So sorry to hear about your friend's accident. Is there any hope for recovery or is he permanently paralyzed. That is so sad. How nice of you to visit and take candy and cheer everyone up.

I hope your summer classes are full for you. Just think of all the children you've helped to have such a good start in life. And nice to have your teachers be great friends too.

We are so excited about coming next week. I'm sure we'll talk before that and kind of coordinate a few things. Love ya, Mom

Utah Dancer said...

i love your ramblings. a little bit of heartwarming, a little bit of mystery, and a little bit of struggle make for a good blog. in my little bit of struggle in pregnancy, it reminds me to be grateful for the abilities my body normally has. perspective is interesting. i can't wait to hear about the new calling. life is a box of chocolates and all...and i agree with mom, i don't think needing a rest equates laziness. in fact, doesn't it actually mean you have simply over done it a bit? :) love you.

rochelle said...

As always, it sounds like you are involved in tons of great things. Lots of changes this time of year. We'll look forward to another update!