Wednesday, May 6, 2009

new post!

this is so random... i'm writing without anything to say. really! yes, i know... but really.

this is an experiment of sorts- if i just start talking, will it turn out okay? be a disaster? well... it's time to find out!

yes, texas was hit with the swine fly, i mean flu (of course but maybe i'll add leaving in typos just for kicks. or not...too many)this past week. true: that we gave america it's first fatality. true: that we gave america it's second fatality. but in our area, let's say- oh... denton county, there have been just three confirmed cases. and yet, the school districts shut down.

just what is the definition of hysteria?

i was going to ask def leppard- i mean they did put out a song called, 'mass hysteria" but after reading the lyrics... um... nope.

and then you go to websters and the first defintion addresses the woman's womb.

sheesh! and nevermind!

anyway- three days into our being sent home and quarantined, LISD changes there minds and says we're back in school tomorrow.

em spent the last w/e with her dad. when she got back to me we saw 'taken', we went to breakfast, did a little shopping and she had a sleepover. and just like that our quarantine is over. (i hope you're noticing how we laughed in the face of QUARANTINE.)

SUBJECT CHANGE*****

sunday is mother's day and this particular sunday has new meaning for me! YES! you guessed it: elder tay, my favorite missionary, gets to call me! yay! yay! yay! ok. so i'm already having a brain freeze. each week i come across the same worry- what am i going to write in this week's letter? so this week i barely had anything to write about...and now i'm getting to speak to him and i need material! HELP me think of things to ask him. please?

that almost sounded desperate!

well?

(i'm totally laughing)

love you guys :)

r

5 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

I always felt the same way but each time I spoke with our missionaries, it lasted an hour! I'm sure he'll have questions about home but mostly he'll just want to talk about what he is learning and doing. Please let him know again that we love and support him and are so pleased with how he is doing.

Sorry about the swine flu thing. Cases exploded here today too, but they are all back in school tomorrow also. Go figure! Must get to bed! I keep playing these late scrabble games!! :-) (It's hard to remember my word overnight!) Love ya.'

Tami said...

That was so fun to read! I miss ya! It made me feel like I hadn't moved for a minute. I thought the whole no school was hilarious, actually I was wishing we could have a week off of school. So funny. Enjoy mother's day and talking to your son!

Dani said...

Random is good! And yes, I love how you laughed in the face of quarantine. Sounds fun!

I have no advice for your phone call with Tay, but I'm sure it will come naturally for you. I'm sure that your mothers instincts will kick in and you will pick his brain. Have fun!!!

Love you!!

rochelle said...

laugh, laugh, laugh. Man, I can't believe you guys were quarantined. Hmmm. I hope the Mother's Day phone call went great!

Utah Dancer said...

Yes, the girl knows how to laugh in the face of "danger"! I like this style of writing on you, it works! Andy always laughs at my apparently "random" style of telling him my thoughts. He says he gets whiplash. But, I follow you just fine! Maybe we're related...