Sunday, November 30, 2008

a holiday review

hey family and friends!

i hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving- lots of yummy food and time with loved ones. :)

em and i were invited to Jeanie's home and with their large and wonderful family, we had a great time. that family knows how to cook! the food was delicious and there was easily enough for double the crowd.

about 1 a.m. miley decided to start whining. i couldn't comprehend it then but when she began again at 4 something i hopped out of bed to take her out. sure enough she had 'issues'.

at that point i couldn't go back to sleep, even tho i tried in vain. i looked over at the clock and it read 5ish. i decided to get myself up, dress, and head to best buy for the black friday deals.

i honestly didn't expect anything to be there that i had seen in the ads. but- i got VERY lucky, starting with a front row parking space.

to make it short- i found everything i wanted, didn't have to wait in the crazy lines ( a trick i learned a few years back) and was back home by 6:30.

it was great!

how about you- did you do the crazy shopping thing? any luck? did you say no way? :)

4 comments:

rochelle said...

Couldn't quite stay away from shopping as we'd hoped (shopping mostly done already), but came away spending a mere $15, so no regrets! I found where you posted Taylor's missionary blog, and really enjoyed reading the letters you posted. That's a great way for us to keep updated, so thanks!

Mustang Suzie said...

Of course, Rhonda gets the front row parking and everything she wanted! If I had gotten up and done all that, it would not have come out the same way :-). I think that deep somewhere inside you, you really wanted to get up and go and that's the real reason you couldn't sleep! Anyway, good for you. I haven't yet done any shopping or decorating having just returned home from Arizona. So, I better get with it and I will. I'll let you know how it goes.

Dani said...

I say "No way!!" It's one of the few days that I can get a little extra sleep. I'm not willing to give that up! We got our tree up that day though, and just stayed home and relaxed. It was great! I wouldn't mind knowing your trick for avoiding the lines though. You've got my curiosity peaked! Great job with your success! Glad that you had a good Thanksgiving!

Tami said...

I went late and did okay. I had most of my shopping before Thanksgiving. Hey, I need your home address. I am putting together my Christmas card list.
Thank you!
Tami :-)