Sunday, October 12, 2008

Michael Buble'




Hands down this was the most talented, genuine, entertaining time i have spent at a concert.

Michael's talent isn't in doubt... but when i asked tay and em if they wanted to try and get tickets em was enthusiastic and tay was doubtful at best, but because he's brave, he surprised me by answering, 'sure.'

i'm not so brave but i am adventurous, so when the time came yesterday to get the kids together to go- i sent tay a text to see if he hadn't managed to have a conflict.

when the three of us got on our way, gps guiding, the feeling that this really was going to happen began to creep into my mind.

we got there, bought our t's and took our seats (great btw) just in time for the opening comedy act to begin.

the guy wasn't prepared for our group- and he pretty much bombed...

but that made michael's concert even the more sweeter.

honestly- if tay could be blown away by the experience, which he was, then i really don't have to add anything more- but i want to.

em yelled and cheered like he was a jonas brother. both of my kids saw me behave like i might've as a teen.

and three times when the conference center was completely quiet, i whooped or told michael that i loved him. i didn't even blush.

he sang and danced- his band played their hearts out- he enteracted with the audience, and at the end- even after singing all the fave such as 'lost', 'everything', 'home', 'you know how i feel' and many surprises such as 'mrs. jones' and 'ymca', i found the very last sounds he sang to be the very most memorable.

i want to add that michael seems to be a very nice, funny guy. many times during the concert he would just begin to talk and have us in stitches over something- but at the end, he became serious and said he didn't want to end things on a downer- but that he and the band recognized that this audience came to see them on gas money. that families with college children were their paying good money for the seats. that the countries we loved were in bad times... so he thanked us and teared up in the end saying that good friends of his were canceling concerts because people just didn't have the money to attend. he thanked us and said he'd come back as often as we would have him.

Michael came out upon our encore request and sang, 'a song for you'... and on the last few measures, dropped the band, dropped the microphone, stood at the very front of the stage (which immediately we all sensed) and finished the song acapella. it was heart stoppingly beautiful.


I've been so many places in my life and time
I've sung a lot of songs and I've made some bad climbs
I've acted out my life in stages with ten thousand people watching
Oh, but we're alone now and I'm singing this song for you
I know your image of me is what I hope to be, I've treated you unkindly
Oh, but Darling can't you see that, there's no one more important to me
Baby, baby, can't you see through me, 'cause we're alone now
And I'm singing this song to you, you taught me precious secrets
Of a true love withholding nothing, you came out in front
When I was hiding, yeah, yeah, but now it's so much better
If my words don't quite come together, please listen to the melody
'Cause my love is in there somewhere hiding
I love you in a place where there is no space or time, I love you for my life
You are a friend of mine, and when my life is over
Remember, remember, remember when we were together
And we are alone now, and I was singing this song to you
We were alone, and I was singing, yeah singing
We were alone, and I was singing this song for you
Singing my song, I'm singing my song for you


don't miss the opportunity to see him if you ever have the chance!

6 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

Well, Rhonda, I don't know how anyone could have enjoyed anything more.....! So glad you were all able to go and have fun with each other and Michael :-). You sound on "cloud 9." You'll have to let us know how everything else is going soon. Love you!

Deena said...

Christian and I were there with the Egans! I would have loved to see you professing your love to him- ha ha! I agree- it was amazing! Christian went reluctantly, but ended up really enjoying it. I am a fan for life now!

Dani said...

I don't get to many concerts these days, but if I get the chance, that will be one not to pass up! I'm so glad that you all had such a nice time. I guess I'll just have to go pick up a CD for now!

Julie E. said...

So was that you I heard yelling "I love you Michael!" LOVED, LOVED, LOVED every minute of the concert!!

Wrangler Ron said...

Wow what a great time for the three of you to share. I was already a fan, but now I'll be looking for an opportunity to attend his concert.
And we do have a look-alike in the family. We'll have to do a photo of Andy as Micheal and post it here on the blog.

Utah Dancer said...

I know about the Andy thing. I keep telling him he'd make some good money at weddings singing and acting like his look a like Michael. At any rate, Andy will be singing at christmas at my request--it isn't the same of course but "he ain't bad"!

Sounds like I need to get to a Michael concert. Ever since you introduced us to him we have bought every album and most of the songbooks. We love him.

Wish I could have heard you professing your love, bet that was a hoot. Our kids have no idea sometimes how utterly embarrassing we really can be--huh!

Love you sis!